About Dr. P K Goel
Dr. PK Goel is the Best Cardiologist in Lucknow. He is a senior cardiac interventionist with over 35 years of teaching experience, having formerly served as the head of cardiology at SGPGIMS in Lucknow.
- Fellowship in Cardiac Radiology, at Green Lane Hospital, Auckland, New Zealand in the year 1990
- First to start the coronary angioplasty program in the state of UP in 1991
- Recognized as most versatile operator for complex PCI with experience of 10000+ angioplasties
Specialization & Expertise:
- CTO Intervention
- Transcatheter Aortic Valve Implantation (TAVI)
- Complex coronary intervention including Left Main, bifurcation, rota ablation for calcific lesions, IVL and multi vessel PCI
- Noninvasive and ICU management
- Transcatheter Aortic Aneurysm Endovascular Repair (TcAVR)
- Non surgical closure of Congenital Heart Defects.
Book An Appointment
When Should You Go to the Doctor for a Heart Checkup?
One should choose a experienced and qualified Cardiologist for a heart checkup. The condition of the heart and blood vessels has a direct impact on a person’s health and should be evaluated on a regular basis. For heart health screenings, the following schedule is recommended.
- Weight and BMI should be measured at routine annual checkups.
- Starting at the age of 20, blood pressure tests should be done at least once every two years.
- Starting at the age of 20, blood cholesterol tests should be done at least once every 4 to 6 years.
- Blood glucose testing should be done at least once every three years, starting at the age of 40 to 45.
- A tred mill test should be done after 40 year age at 5 years interval.
Some of the services offered by Dr. PK Goel are mentioned below
Complex Coronary Angioplasty
Left Main Interventions
Chronic Total Occlusion Interventions
Device Closure of holes in heart
Pacemaker Implantatio (VVI/DDDR/AICD/CRT/CRT-D)
Transcatheter Aortic Valve Replacement (TAVR/VIV)
Renal Denervation for resistance Hypertension
Endovascular repair of Aortic Aneurysm (EAVR)
LA Appendage Closure (LAAC)
Heart Attack (MI)
Blood Pressure Emergencies
Acute Aortic Dissection Treatment
Aortic dissection is a medical emergency that requires prompt medical attention. Depending on the section of the aorta affected, surgery or medicines may be used.After treatment, you may need to take blood pressure medicine for the rest of your life to keep your blood pressure under control.
Cardiac Ablation Treatment
Cardiac ablation creates small scars in your heart using heat or cold energy to block abnormal electrical signals and restore a regular heartbeat. The treatment is used to treat irregular heartbeats.
Cardiac Catheterisation Treatment
Cardiac catheterization is a procedure that involves guiding a thin, flexible tube (catheter) through a blood vessel to the heart to diagnose or treat specific heart problems such as clogged arteries or irregular heartbeats.
Cardiovascular Disease Treatment
Cardiovascular diseases are illnesses that impact your heart’s structure or function, such as: Aortic disease, Arrhythmias, pulmonary embolism and deep vein thrombosis, Coronary artery disease, etc.
Regular Screening Tests
Even if you have no history of heart disease, the following heart health checks are recommended:
- Most people should start having blood pressure and cholesterol tests at the age of 20.
- For most people, blood glucose tests should begin around the age of 40 to 45.
- BMI measurement – a measurement of body mass index (BMI) based on body weight or waist circumference.
- If you have certain heart disease risk factors or a strong family history, your doctor may recommend you to begin these exams earlier than normal.
The Cardiologist Expert
Dr. PK Goel provides major services to patients are congestive heart failure, hypertension treatment, acute aortic dissection treatment, cardiac ablation treatment, cardiac catheterisation treatment, etc.
+91 522 4505 050
Creating Smiles For A Lifetime – Patients Reviews
My elderly father, Mr. Manoharlal Makhjia, was admitted to Medanta, Lucknow with acute Inferioposterior MI, cardiogenic showck & pulcomonary edema. A high-risk angioplasty was performed on my father who was then shifted to ventilatory support which continued for the next 7 days. He was discharged3-4 days later, ready to take a flight back to home to Hyderabad. I would like to thank Dr. PK Goel & Dr. Mohammad tariq Ali for taking extra efforts to improve my father’s condition.
Bhawana Makhija, Daughter of Patient, Mr. Manoharlal Makhija
We are humbled to have met Dr. PK Goel at the right time for my treatment. He gave us confidence and conducted a detailed treatment process. We are very thankful to him and his staff for continued support and for helping us with a new life
We were greatly worried about my mothers old age and the cardiac situation that had developed in her case. We had mixed suggestions on whether to operate at her age or not. Thanks to Dr. Goel, we were shown the right path and my mother is now living a normal life again.
Frequently Asked Questions
What makes him the Best Cardiologist in Lucknow?
Dr. PK Goel, the Best Cardiologist in Lucknow, specializes in treating Heart Conditions such as Heart Attacks, High Blood Pressure, etc.
What kind of services are provided by the Best Cardiologist in Lucknow?
Dr. PK Goel provides services such as Heart Checkups, Hypertension Treatment, High Blood Pressure Treatment, etc.
What are the areas of expertise of the Best Cardiologist in Lucknow?
His areas of expertise include Complex Coronary Intervention, Chronic Total Occlusion (CTO) Intervention, TAVI (Transcatheter Aortic Valve Implantation), and Non-surgical Closure of Congenital holes of the heart.
When should a person start having Heart Check-ups?
At the age of 20, most people should start having Blood Pressure and Cholesterol tests. Blood Glucose tests should begin around the age of 40 to 45 for the majority of people.